Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
June 1, 2020
Title: Conscious Proning: An Introduction of a Proning Protocol for Non-Intubated, Awake, Hypoxic Emergency Department COVID-19 Patients
Publisher: Academic Emergency Medicine Publication Date: May 27, 2020
Key Takeaway: Proning may prove to be of great clinical benefit to the large number of COVID-19 patients with severe hypoxemia. This article provides appropriate inclusion and exclusion criteria for safe and effective use of prone positioning of awake COVID-19 patients in the ED, as a non-invasive treatment that may prevent worsening hypoxemia and respiratory failure.
April 27, 2020
Title: ACEP COVID-19 Field Guide
Publisher: American Society of Emergency Physicians
Publication: April 20, 2020 (continuously updated)
- This is a continuously updated guide for emergency medicine practitioners, not meant to be definitive or to establish a single standard of care. The publishers note not all of the suggestions in the guide are evidence-based.
- It is easily searchable and navigable and provides links and references to resources for clarification and further information. Sections include home and work safety, triage, EMS, and patient treatment.
Title: US DHHS/ASPR COVID-19 Clinical Rounds
Publisher: US Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Office of the Assistant
Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR)
Publication: April 21, 2020
- A series of webinars and discussions launched by DHHS/ASPR and Project ECHO, on patient care and operations within Emergency Medicine, EMS, and Critical Care.
April 2, 2020
SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19): An Updated Overview for Emergency Clinicians
- This overview analyzes the best information from the early research and offers valuable links to the most reliable and trustworthy resources to stay up-to-date. It contains links to the most reliable information sites that are likely to be updated on a daily basis.
Consensus guidelines for managing the airway in patients with COVID‐19
- This consensus statement has been brought together at short notice to advise on airway management for patients with COVID-19, drawing on published literature and immediately available information from clinicians and experts. Recommendations on the prevention of contamination of healthcare workers, the choice of staff involved in airway management, the training required and the selection of equipment are discussed.