Skip to main content
Getting Started with Research: Tips
Getting started with searching the literature?
- Start at the Himmelfarb homepage
- Even if you are searching PubMed or Google Scholar, using the resource through Himmelfarb Library will provide access to the full-text articles in journals that we subscribe to.
- Deciding which databases to search
- On the library homepage, the box titled "Popular Resources" lists frequently used databases such as PubMed and Scopus
- To see additional databases, click on "All Databases" in the "Popular Resources" box
- Non-health science databases (such as education, business, sociology) can be found on the Gelman Library website
- Links to database tutorials can be found here.
Looking for Highly Cited Articles
- Choosing the appropriate databases?
- Thinking of keywords and/or synonyms?
- Formatting your search strategy?
- Finding the full-text of an article?
- Using RefWorks?
I'm happy to help! Please contact me (Elaine Sullo) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-994-2853.