Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Software available in the Bloedorn Technology Center
- SAS - statistical package for analyzing quantitative data.
- Stata - statistical package for analyzing quantitative data.
- ArcGIS and extensions - an integrated package of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software for mapping, spatial analysis, and data management
- Epi Info - a series of programs written by the CDC for use in investigating outbreaks and monitoring public health status. The program allows for the development of questionnaires and forms, data input, and data analysis.
- CDCynergy - a software program that can be used to plan and evaluate health communication interventions within a public health framework.
- Google Earth - a software program that provides maps and satellite images of the planet.
- NASA World Wind - an open source software program that provides images of the earth using satellit imager and elevation data to render the terrain in 3D.
- NVIVO - a statistical program that allows for the input, grouping, and analysis of qualitative data (interviews, observational field notes, etc.) rather than quantitative data.
- Empower - a software program that can aid health educators and practitioners in efforts to plan, implement, and evaluate community health programs. Various models and interventions are illustrated using breast cancer prevention and control as an example in the decision making process.
- Stat/Transfer - a data conversion program that allows you to transfer a data set from one format to another (i.e. from Excel to SAS).