Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Note: You will need the Group Code for Himmelfarb to access RefMobile.
What is RefWorks?
What is RefWorks? RefWorks is an online research management, writing and collaboration tool. It is designed to help researchers easily gather, manage, store and share all types of information, as well as generate citations and bibliographies.
Why should you use RefWorks?
- One "click" and you can generate bibliographies in any citation style format. (APA, AMA, MLA and more!)
- Allows you to create & organize your own personal database of references.
- Import your references directly from databases, journals or the library catalog and avoid emailing or the need to save to a USB flashdrive.
- Makes collaboration easier during group projects allowing you to share your RefWorks folder of references.
How to setup a RefWorks account
- New Users: Getting Started!
- Go to Himmelfarb Library's Homepage
- Under Popular Resources click RefWorks.
- Click on "Sign Up for a new Account" and complete the new user information form.
- You will receive an email from RefWorks confirming your login username and password
Note: You will need the Group Code for Himmelfarb to access RefWorks off-campus.
RefWorks: Group Code
When you are off-campus you may be prompted for a group code. GW users can find the group code here: Group Code