Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Some questions to ask yourself when creating an infographic
- Tell a story - what is your story? does your infographic guide the audience from one point to the next, telling a consistent story throughout?
- Have a thesis - what are the 5 Ws (who, what, where, when, why)? what is the take-away message?
- Consider your audience - what is the appropriate level of complexity and information density for your audience? what is the right tone - should you be humorous, matter-of-fact, persuasive, etc?
- Find your data - have you identified sources of relevant, accurate data for your project? is the data driving your thesis or the other way around?
- Develop a visual plan - what are the colors, fonts, images that you will use? do they combine to form a consistent theme?