Skip to main content
Some questions to ask yourself when creating an infographic
- Tell a story - what is your story? does your infographic guide the audience from one point to the next, telling a consistent story throughout?
- Have a thesis - what are the 5 Ws (who, what, where, when, why)? what is the take-away message?
- Consider your audience - what is the appropriate level of complexity and information density for your audience? what is the right tone - should you be humorous, matter-of-fact, persuasive, etc?
- Find your data - have you identified sources of relevant, accurate data for your project? is the data driving your thesis or the other way around?
- Develop a visual plan - what are the colors, fonts, images that you will use? do they combine to form a consistent theme?