Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
General borrowing privileges are extended to all current GW students, faculty, and staff, as well as to GW Hospital employees. However, only SMHS, GWSPH, and SON faculty, students and staff may borrow AV materials (DVDs and audio CDs).
- Most SMHS, GWSPH, and SON students, faculty, and staff are automatically registered to borrow.
- Those people who have not been automatically registered must present their GWorld or GWU Hospital ID at the Circulation Desk and fill out a user application form.
- Their borrowing status will remain active as long as they are registered for classes or employed with the University.
- Address, e-mail address and telephone information should also be updated regularly. Contact the Circulation Desk Manager, at (202) 994-1829 for more information.
- University personnel and students not affiliated with the SMHS, GWSPH, and SON must fill out a user application form at the Himmelfarb Circulation Desk in order to register for borrowing.
- These staff, students and faculty must re-register by presenting a current GW ID each semester.
- Circulation staff may request a confirmation of current affiliation.
- Address, e-mail address and telephone information should also be updated regularly. Contact the Circulation Desk Manager at (202) 994-1829 for more information.
The privilege of borrowing library resources is not available to the general public.
Application for Himmelfarb Borrowing privileges
Location: First floor of the Himmelfarb Library
Phone: (202) 994-2962