General borrowing privileges are extended to all current GW students, faculty (including emeriti), and staff. (Currently, UHS and MFA employees do not have onsite library access, and so cannot borrow materials from the library.)
- Most SMHS, GWSPH, and SON students, faculty, and staff are automatically registered to borrow.
- Those people who have not been automatically registered must present their GWorld card at the Circulation Desk and fill out a user application form.
- Their borrowing status will remain active as long as they are registered for classes or employed with the University.
- Address, e-mail address and telephone information should also be updated regularly. Contact the Circulation Desk Manager, at (202) 994-1829 for more information.
- University personnel and students not affiliated with the SMHS, GWSPH, and SON must fill out a user application form at the Himmelfarb Circulation Desk in order to register for borrowing.
- These staff, students and faculty must re-register by presenting a current GW ID each semester.
- Circulation staff may request a confirmation of current affiliation.
- Address, e-mail address and telephone information should also be updated regularly. Contact the Circulation Desk Manager at (202) 994-1829 for more information.
The privilege of borrowing library resources is not available to the general public.