Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Health sciences articles including clinical, basic sciences, and public health information.
- Interface incorporates Himmelfarb Library's customized search filters for EBM/Clinical Reviews, EBM/Clinical Trials, and Reviews.
- Coverage: 1950 - Present including corrections and daily updates.
- Produced by the U.S. National Library of Medicine.
- Medical search engine with emphasis on evidence based medicine.
- Simultaneous search of multiple clinical information resources.
- Results organized by information type including: evidence-based synopses, systematic review, guideline, clinical Q&A, core primary research, etc.
- Users may create free personal account to use additional features.
Clinical Queries (PubMed)
- Clinical research tool for PubMed searches.
- Permits searches by clinical study category (e.g. etiology, diagnosis, therapy, etc.), for systematic reviews, and for medical genetics topics.
Relief Central | COVID-19
Full-text offline access to Coronavirus Guidelines, World Factbook, CDC Yellow Book, Field Operations Guide, Psychological First Aid (PFA), Relief News Updates, and CoRespond Emerging Topics.
USPSTF Prevention TaskForce
Supports primary care clinicians in identifying the screening, counseling, and preventive medication services that are appropriate for their patients. Information is based on the current recommendations of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) and can be searched by specific patient characteristics, such as age, sex, and selected behavioral risk factors.
Cochrane Collaboration: Cochrane Reviews
Systematic reviews of healthcare interventions as published in Cochrane systematic reviews. Free access to the abstracts and, where available, the plain language summaries.
ECRI Guidelines Trust
Centralized repository includes evidence-based guidance developed by nationally and internationally recognized medical organizations and medical specialty societies.
Global Library of Women's Medicine
400 + full-text chapters on women's health topics plus surgical videos, diagnostic atlases, laboratory tests and safer motherhood coverage.
Health Education Assets Library (HEAL)
The Health Education Assets Library (HEAL) is a collection of over 22,000 freely available digital materials for health sciences education. The collection is now housed at the University of Utah J. Willard Marriott Digital Library.
InTech Health Sciences
Over 1500 peer-reviewed open access textbooks.
Integrated Management for Emergency and Essential Surgical Care (IMEESC) Tool Kit
WHO recommendations for minimum standards in emergency, surgery, trauma, obstetrics and anaesthesia at first-referral level health-care facilities.
Medecins Sans Frontieres Reference Books
Full-text reference books on essential drugs, refugee health, tuberculosis, clinical guidelines, meningogoccal meningitis, and obstetrics in remote settings. Provided by Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) including books
Merck Manuals Online Medical Library for Health Professionals
Online version of The Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy, The Merck Manual of Geriatrics, The Merck Manual Home Health Handbook, and The Merck Manual of Health & Aging.
Full-text basic sciences, clinical, and public health book collection.
OpenLibrary.org - Medicine
Open Library's collection of (largely historical) medical textbooks.
Open Michigan - Open Health Collections
The University of Michigan's Open Michigan collection includes tools for health sciences, such as textbooks, courses, audio-videos, journals, images, datasets, software, and other mixed content.
Pocket Book of Hospital Care for Children
Downloadable/printable up-to-date clinical guidelines for use by doctors, senior nurses and other senior health workers who are responsible for the care of young children in developing countries.
PubMed Central® (PMC) is a free full-text archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature at the U.S. National Institutes of Health's National Library of Medicine (NIH/NLM).