Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Himmelfarb Health Sciences Library
The Himmelfarb Health Sciences Library - located in Ross Hall next to the Foggy Bottom/GWU Metro stop - serves the patrons, students, and staff affiliated with the George Washington University Medical Center
Copying & Printing at Himmelfarb
The Himmelfarb Library offers a wide variety of copying and printing services that can be charged to your GWorld card:
Getting Help at Himmelfarb
There are numerous ways of getting help with your library-related research questions:
- Talk to a Librarian: Here is a list of our subject specialists
- Visit the Himmelfarb Reference Desk: Here are our hours
- Phone (Reference Desk): 202-994-2850
- Email a Librarian: Send us an email
- Text a Librarian: Text "Himlib:your question" to 265010
- Instant Messaging: Enter your question into the AskUs IM search box on the right side of our webpages
Himmelfarb Library provides remote access to nearly all databases, electronic journals, and electronic textbooks. To use electronic resources from off-campus, please login to VPN (GWireless) using your GW NetID (e.g. the same login/password that you use for your GWMail).
- Turn off your internet browser's pop-up blocker or update settings to permit pop-ups from gwu.edu.
- Access the Himmelfarb Library website, then click on VPN (GWireless) in the 'My Accounts' area.
- Login to VPN (GWireless) with your GW NetID and password (the same login/password that you use for your GWMail or CMail).
- Click OK to allow the software to run or enter your computer's password.
- Access the Himmelfarb Library website again. You can now access databases, e-texts, and e-journals without any additional logins.
Additional information on off-campus access.