Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
About Assessing Students
There are lots of options for assessing students:
- Inside the classroom you can use Turning Point (Clickers) to get real-time input
- Outside of the classroom you can use Camtasia and Blackboard to create quizzes as pre-work, etc.
We provide the expertise and in some cases the equipment to support both of these options.
Questions? Contact Tom Harrod (firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-994-3683) or Laura Abate (email@example.com or 202-994-8570).
- Create and send quizzes to your students via Blackboard.
- GW - ITL Support - check this link to the GW ITL website for more details
- Create pop-up quizzes within a Camtasia tutorial - these quizzes can be set to report the results back to you via email or they can be anonymous
- Live Help and Support - contact Tom Harrod (firstname.lastname@example.org) for one-on-one instruction and ongoing support in using Camtasia.
Polls - PollEverywhere
PollEverwhere is an audience response system licensed by GW's School of Medicine & Health Sciences for use beginning in Fall 2015. Poll Everywhere provides faculty with multiple question types including multiple choice, open-ended questions, clickable images, and Q&A/brainstorm polls. Poll Everywhere allows students to respond to questions via an iPad app, text message, or via a website.
Polls - TurningPoint
TurningPoint is a software program which allows instructors to intersperse questions within a PowerPoint presentation which can be answered in real time by students via an app or via a clicker device.