1) Go to Google Scholar - https://scholar.google.com
2) Click the 'Sign In' link in the upper right corner of the page (it's recommended that you use your gwu.edu email address when you create your account).
3) Once you've created your account, go to 'My Profile' in the upper left corner of the page.
4) On the subsequent page you can add a photo and edit your profile information by clicking the pencil icon next to your name.
5) Since Google Scholar is picking articles which it thinks are yours based on name similarity, it may mistakenly assign works to you that you did not, in fact, author. In that case, you can click the checkbox to the left of the article you wish to get rid of and then click the delete button.
6) You can also search for articles that are not present in the initial list by clicking the '+' icon and selecting 'Add Articles'.
7) You can also click the 'Follow' button to the right of your name if you'd like to be informed when Google Scholar adds new articles to your profile.
8) Once you've completed this process, your name will be underlined in the citations of the articles that you've claimed. Whenever anyone clicks on your name, they will be brought to your profile where they can see all of your works.
The Himmelfarb Health Sciences Library
Questions? Ask us.