Skip to main content
Software & Images Resources
Customizable geographical mapping with data on demographics, health, income, housing, jobs and more in communities across the US. Users can create custom geographic boundaries and layered maps, and download data and reports.
Click here to begin.
What software is available in the Bloedorn Technology Center?
Himmelfarb Library's Bloedorn Technology Center is located on the third floor of the library and is available 24/7.
Below is a partial list of resources:
- SAS - statistical package for analyzing quantitative data.
- Stata - statistical package for analyzing quantitative data.
- SPSS - statistical package for analyzing quantitative data.
- ArcGIS and extensions - an integrated package of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software for mapping, spatial analysis, and data management
- Epi Info - a series of programs written by the CDC for use in investigating outbreaks and monitoring public health status. The program allows for the development of questionnaires and forms, data input, and data analysis.
- CDCynergy - a software program that can be used to plan and evaluate health communication interventions within a public health framework.
- Google Earth - a software program that provides maps and satellite images of the planet.
- NASA World Wind - an open source software program that provides images of the earth using satellit imager and elevation data to render the terrain in 3D.