Skip to Main Content

Open access to publicly funded journal articles & research data: Claim a NIHMS Record

Scroll down the page to view a summary of Department/Agency open access plans

Claiming a NIHMS Record

Sometimes the person selected to be responsible for completing or approving an NIHMS submission may not be able or willing to complete the process.  In this case one of the other PI's or authors of the paper can submit a request to 'claim' the record and complete the remaining steps yourself.

  1. Log in to NIHMS.
  2. Search for the manuscript by PMID (PubMed ID) or NIHMS ID.
  3. Request to 'Claim' the record.  The person currently listed as being responsible for the submission will be notified.  If after 1 week they take no action the request will be reviewed by NIHMS staff and approved. 
    • Note: You may need to first click on the button that says 'Watch Manuscript' before you can claim it.