Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Logging into Library Resources from Off-Campus
The easiest way to connect to library resources from off-campus is to use your Net ID and password. To do so:
- Access the Himmelfarb Library website and select the database, e-journal, or e-book that you'd like to access.
- When 'The George Washington University Single Sign-on' webpage is displayed, securely login with your GW NetID and password (i.e. the same login/password used for your GW Email and Blackboard.)
- The database, e-text, or e-journal that you selected should display automatically.
- For more information about logging in, see: Off-campus access
Library Services for Distance Education Programs
The Distance Education Page is a collection of resources to help you navigate the Himmelfarb Health Sciences Library.
Himmelfarb Library provides Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service, which extends user access to materials owned by non-GW libraries.
If you'd like to request an article not owned by GW, visit our Interlibrary Loan page.
To use this service:
- If you have not used ILL before, you must visit our ILL page and log in with your Net ID and password.
- If you haven't used Documents2Go before, you'll be prompted to fill in your personal information to set up your account.
- You can now place your request. Choose the correct category from the area on the left-hand side of the page titled "New Request". You may select "journal article" or "book chapter" here. If you'd like to borrow a book from Himmelfarb, please fill out the Delivery Request form.
- Nursing students receive 15 free requests per semester. For the 16th request and beyond, the charge is $10 per item.