Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Getting Started with Research: Tips
Getting started with searching the literature?
- Start at the Himmelfarb homepage
- Even if you are searching PubMed or Google Scholar, using the resource through Himmelfarb Library will provide access to the full-text articles in journals that we subscribe to.
- Deciding which databases to search
- On the library homepage, the box titled "Popular Resources" lists frequently used databases such as PubMed and Scopus
- To see additional databases, click on "All Databases" in the "Popular Resources" box
- Non-health science databases (such as education, business, sociology) can be found on the Gelman Library website
- Links to database tutorials can be found here.
- Choosing the appropriate databases?
- Thinking of keywords and/or synonyms?
- Formatting your search strategy?
- Finding the full-text of an article?
- Using RefWorks?
We're happy to help! Please contact us at email@example.com or 202-994-2850.