Skip to main content
Logging into Library Resources from Off-Campus
The easiest way to connect to library resources from off-campus is to use your Net ID and password. To do so:
- Access the Himmelfarb Library website and select the database, e-journal, or e-book that you'd like to access.
- When 'The George Washington University Single Sign-on' webpage is displayed, securely login with your GW NetID and password (i.e. the same login/password used for your GW Email and Blackboard.)
- The database, e-text, or e-journal that you selected should display automatically.
- For more information about logging in, see: Off-campus access
Library Services for Distance Education Programs
The Distance Education Page is a collection of resources to help you navigate the Himmelfarb Health Sciences Library.
Himmelfarb Library provides Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service, which extends user access to materials owned by non-GW libraries.
If you'd like to request an article not owned by GW, visit our Interlibrary Loan page.
To use this service:
- If you have not used ILL before, you must visit our ILL page and log in with your Net ID and password.
- If you haven't used Documents2Go before, you'll be prompted to fill in your personal information to set up your account.
- You can now place your request. Choose the correct category from the area on the left-hand side of the page titled "New Request". You may select "journal article" or "book chapter" here. If you'd like to borrow a book from Himmelfarb, please fill out this form: https://himmelfarb.gwu.edu/forms/shipping.cfm
- Nursing students receive 15 free requests per semester. For the 16th request and beyond, the charge is $10 per item.