Skip to main content
GW IT: Microsoft Office Available to the GW Community
GW Writing Center
What is the GW Writing Center?
- GW's Writing Center is a welcoming, professional environment within which members of the GW community can receive dedicated attention to their writing and research projects.
Is there a fee for the service?
- The GW Writing Center services are FREE to all GW students, faculty and staff
How do I make an appointment to meet with a tutor?
- The Writing Center provides both on-campus and distance learning services.
What type of support do they offer for non-native English speaking students?
Where can I go if I need help using the Writing Center's online appointment schedule site?
Citation and Style Guides
AMA Manual of Style Online
Do you need help citing in AMA style? The AMA Manual of Style is now available online from Himmelfarb Library!
What is RefWorks?
What is RefWorks? RefWorks is an online research management, writing and collaboration tool. It is designed to help researchers easily gather, manage, store and share all types of information, as well as generate citations and bibliographies.
Why should you use RefWorks?
- One "click" and you can generate bibliographies in any citation style format. (APA, AMA, MLA and more!)
- Allows you to create & organize your own personal database of references.
- Import your references directly from databases, journals or the library catalog and avoid emailing or the need to save to a USB flashdrive.
- Makes collaboration easier during group projects allowing you to share your RefWorks folder of references.
New Users: Getting Started!
- Go to Himmelfarb Library's Homepage
- Under Accounts Click RefWorks
- Select "Sign up for an Individual Account" and complete the new user information form.
- You will receive an email from RefWorks confirming your login username and password