Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Create New My NCBI Account
Principal Investigators and PD's must use their My NCBI Bibliography to manage their professional bibliographies (as of July 23, 2010, see the full notice here)
If you do not have a My NCBI Account...You need to create one!
- Go to PubMed
- Click on 'My NCBI Sign In' in the upper right corner of the screen.
- You can sign in with accounts you already use like Google or your NIH eRA Commons account.
- If you have never used My NCBI we strongly recommend clicking on 'Sign in with NIH login' and logging in with your eRA Commons login to create your account!
- Signing in through one of the Partner Organizations will automatically sync your My NCBI Account, so the easiest option to choose is to sign in via your NIH & eRA Commons account.
Link My NCBI & eRA Commons Accounts & my ORCID profile
If you already have a My NCBI Account...You need to link your account to your eRA Commons account.
- From FY 2020 to comply with NOT-OD-19-109 the NIH, CDC & AHRQ requires individuals supported by training, fellowship, career development, and other research education awards to have an ORCID iD linked to their personal electronic Research Administration (eRA) account.
- Log into My NCBI using the eRA Commons account login option
- Click on your login name in the top right.
- Then click on the 'Change' button for 'Linked Accounts'.
- From the list of 'Login Account Options', scroll down and choose 'NIH & eRA Commons' and then log into your eRA Commons account.
Identify journals in which to publish your research
From the Center for Knowledge Management at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. This is a tool designed to support prospective authors with journal identification and evaluation. SPI-Hub facilitates journal discovery through searches by journal, topic, or author including the ability to search a list of journals in which an author has published by searching for an author's ORCID number or their NIH My NCBI Bibliography public link.
If you have problems!
If you receive an error message when trying to link accounts you will need to contact NCBI directly to have them manually link your eRA Commons account with your My NCBI account.
Include in your email the following:
- MyNCBI username
- eRA Commons username
- Email address
Do not send your passwords.