1. Sign into My NCBI
2. Search PubMed to find articles you want to add.
3. From within a particular article record or the search results, click on the 'Send to' drop-down.
4. Click on 'My Bibliography' and then the 'Add to My Bibliography' button that appears.
NOTE: You are responsible for ensuring that any NIH funded publication for which you were either an author OR the PI of the grant. This means you may need to include articles for which you were not an author but which were supported by a grant you are a PI on.
You don't have to do all of the work! Use the 'Delegate' feature to share the work with others in your lab, assistants, or with librarians.
1. From My NCBI Bibliography, click on 'Edit settings' for My Bibliography.
2. At the bottom of the page click on the link to 'Add a Delegate'
3. Enter the email of the person you want to add as a delegate and click the 'Add Delegate' button. You can add more than one delegate if necessary.
If you have been assigned to be a delegate for someone's My NCBI Bibliography and that person has already added you as a delegate in their account you can follow the steps below to confirm.
After completing these steps, a link to the delegated bibliography will be listed in your collections in your My NCBI account.
Delegates for your MyNCBI Bibliography are also able to manage your SciENcv profile to update and add publications to your BioSketch when applying for research funding from the NIH, NSF, or Institute of Education Sciences. Please see these instructions for details.
If you had a pre-existing NIH Biosketch saved, you may convert it to the new format NIH Biosketch by following these instructions.