Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Distance Education Borrowing from Other Libraries: FAQ
- Who can submit requests?
- SMHS, GWSPH, and SON affiliates including students, residents, faculty, and staff.
- How can I request items from other libraries?:
- Access Health Information @ Himmelfarb then login with your GW email and password.
- Search for items in Health Information @ Himmelfarb and use the 'Expand My Results' checkbox to include items not owned by Himmelfarb.
- Use the 'Request via Documents2Go link' in the record for the desired item. You can also submit requests directly to the Documents2Go system. (See "Steps to Create a New Request)
- What types of materials can I request?:
- Distance Education students are able to request book chapters and articles that the Himmelfarb Library does not presently own. Once we have received a PDF of your request, you will be sent a notification email in regards to where you will be able to access your PDF.
- We are unable to ship books or any electronic formatted materials such as VHS, DVDs or CDs from other universities to Distance Education students.
- I need to borrow a specific textbook. May I ask Himmelfarb to add it to its collection?
Steps to Creating a New Request
Click on the "Request Interlibrary Loan via Documents2Go" Button.
To submit a request, log in to Documents2Go and submit your request using our automated form.
Create a new request: (Pick whatever option applies to you)