Skip to Main Content
Distance Education Borrowing from Other Libraries: FAQ
- Who can submit requests?
- SMHS, GWSPH, and SON affiliates including students, residents, faculty, and staff.
- How can I request items from other libraries?:
- Access Health Information @ Himmelfarb then login with your GW email and password.
- Search for items in Health Information @ Himmelfarb and use the 'Expand My Results' checkbox to include items not owned by Himmelfarb.
- Use the 'Request via Documents2Go link' in the record for the desired item. You can also submit requests directly to the Documents2Go system. (See "Steps to Create a New Request)
- What types of materials can I request?:
- Distance Education students are able to request book chapters and articles that the Himmelfarb Library does not presently own. Once we have received a PDF of your request, you will be sent a notification email in regards to where you will be able to access your PDF.
- We are unable to ship books or any electronic formatted materials such as VHS, DVDs or CDs from other universities to Distance Education students.
- I need to borrow a specific textbook. May I ask Himmelfarb to add it to its collection?
Steps to Creating a New Request
Click on the "Request Interlibrary Loan via Documents2Go" Button.
To submit a request, log in to Documents2Go and submit your request using our automated form.
Create a new request: (Pick whatever option applies to you)