Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Himmelfarb Library provides two mechanisms to our online collections.
To use these resources from off-campus locations, you should login via VPN or via Web-Based login
- VPN: this method will work best on your personal computer. VPN use requires a software download and simple set-up; you will start the VPN software and login before accessing the Himmelfarb Library's online resources.
- Web-Based Login: this method requires no set-up and works well on any computer, including secured workplace computers. This method uses a web-based proxy server; you will be automatically prompted to login when you access the Himmelfarb Library's online resources.
Please contact the Himmelfarb Library Reference Desk at (202) 994-2850 or firstname.lastname@example.org with access problems.
Software that GW provides for free to all members of the GW community for individual use.
Himmelfarb Library is pleased to provide shipping service to students who are enrolled in online classes offered in the SMHS, GWSPH, or SON, and who live outside the 20037 and 20052 zip codes. This service is not available to students who are out of town for a rotation, externship, etc.
Request your item(s)
- Search Health Information @ Himmelfarb to identify each item you'd like to borrow.
- Select Himmelfarb Catalog from the drop-down menu to be sure that print items are included in your search.
- Login via the link in the upper right so that the Delivery Request form link displays.
- Use the Delivery Request form to request these items:
- We will notify you by email when your request has been filled.
- To return items, ship to:
Himmelfarb Library Circulation Department
George Washington University
2300 Eye St. NW
Washington, DC 20037
- You may use USPS, UPS, or FedEx; we recommend USPS and that you insure the shipment.
- You are responsible for the cost of shipping the books back to Himmelfarb Library.
- You may renew items twice, as long no one else has placed a hold on them.
- Please see Renewals for instructions on renewing items.
How to Log In from Off Campus
We'd love to have you visit us in person! If you're a first-time visitor and don't yet have a GWorld card, please click here to learn how to get one before your visit. If you are unable to obtain your GWorld card before you visit, please call the Himmelfarb Circulation Desk at 202-994-2962 to arrange a visit through one of our managers. Please note that all DE students are eligible for GWorld cards.