Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
GW IT: Microsoft Office Available to the GW Community
GW Writing Center
What is the GW Writing Center?
- GW's Writing Center is a welcoming, professional environment within which members of the GW community can receive dedicated attention to their writing and research projects.
Is there a fee for the service?
- The GW Writing Center services are FREE to all GW students, faculty and staff
How do I make an appointment to meet with a tutor?
- The Writing Center provides:
What type of support do they offer for non-native English speaking students?
Where can I go if I need help using the Writing Center's online appointment schedule site?
Citation Style Guides
AMA MANUAL of STYLE, 11th EDITION by "The AMA Manual of Style, 11th edition, is a must-have guide for those seeking to publish research findings and anyone involved in medical, health, or scientific writing and publishing. The manual offers guidance on nuts-and-bolts topics including punctuation, capitalization, and grammar. It also provides guidance on how to navigate the dilemmas that authors, researchers and their institutions, medical editors and publishers, writers, and members of the news media who cover scientific research confront on a daily basis. Written by an expert committee of JAMA Network editors, this 11th edition thoroughly covers ethical and legal issues, authorship, conflicts of interest, scientific misconduct, and intellectual property, in addition to preparation of articles for publication, style, terminology, measurement, and quantification"-- Provided by publisher.
Publication Date: 2020-03-02
Research Reference Management Guides
What is RefWorks?
What is RefWorks? RefWorks is an online research management, writing and collaboration tool. It is designed to help researchers easily gather, manage, store and share all types of information, as well as generate citations and bibliographies.
Why should you use RefWorks?
- One "click" and you can generate bibliographies in any citation style format. (APA, AMA, MLA and more!)
- Allows you to create & organize your own personal database of references.
- Import your references directly from databases, journals or the library catalog and avoid emailing or the need to save to a USB flashdrive.
- Makes collaboration easier during group projects allowing you to share your RefWorks folder of references.
New Users: Getting Started!
- Go to Himmelfarb Library's Homepage
- Under Accounts Click RefWorks
- Select "Sign up for an Individual Account" and complete the new user information form.
- You will receive an email from RefWorks confirming your login username and password