Skip to main content
TouchWorks - GW Medical Faculty Associates
- Access: https://citrix.mfa.gwu.edu then enter your personal login/password.
- Double click icon for: Citrix Allscripts TouchWorks
- Launch.ica will automatically download; click on launch.ica.
- Login to TouchWorks with your personal login/password.
- Please note: you will need to reset both your Citrix and your TouchWorks password the first time that you login; while your login is the same for each system, the password may be different.
- If you need assistance with your password, please contact GW MFA IT at 202-741-3636; have your username available and specify if you need your Citrix password, TouchWorks password, or both reset.
Fact Finding : Locate the patient record for Test,Rabbit then find the information to answer the
- Has your patient ever been vaccinated for Hepatitis A? If so, when?
- Does your patient have any drug allergies?
- What is your patient’s most recent BMI? How much has it changed since January 2013?
- What current prescription medications is your patient taking?
- What is the value of your patient’s most recent Hemoglobin A1C ?
- Does the patient drink alcohol? How much?
- What does the patient’s social history indicate about illicit drug use?
- How many organs has the patient had transplanted? Which ones?
Functionality Review: Use the interface functionality to:
- Expand/contract a window. For example, can you expand the Immunizations window so that it is the primary screen?
- Graphing. Can you graph the patient's BMI in order to show changes over time?
- Family History. Can you use the pull-down menu to display the patient's family history without scrolling? Can you sort by family member to consolidate and view all of the family history related to the patient's mother?
- Notes. Can you use the filter function to find all of Matt Mintz's notes for this patient? All notes for the past 3 months? All gastroenterology notes? Expand/contract category headers in notes display?
- Search for a new patient by using Select Patient in header bar? Search for: Xtest, Linda
Note-Writing: Because TouchWorks is a ‘live’ system, the MFA’s IT department has asked that students not create practice notes.
Cerner - GW Hospital
- Access the Cerner Training domain.
- Login with the provided credentials then click on the icon for Powerchart T152D SSO application; please note: do not click on other icons.
- A .ica file will automatically download; double-click on the .ica file.
- Note: You have two records to explore and are on a training domain. Theoretically, you can do no harm on the training domain but please respect the system and others who may be using these records.
Fact Finding: Locate your patient record then find the information to answer the following questions.
- Find where the patient located in the hospital? What is the patient’s MRN?
- What medications were given to the patient and when was the last time the medications were given? Were all the medications given?
- What are the patient’s most recent set of vitals?
- Find the most recent BMP (or another laboratory test) results of the patient. Are any values abnormal and how can you tell at first glance?
- What are the results of the blood culture (if any)?
- Was imaging for this patient ordered?
- What notes are available for this patient?
- You need to call the patient’s family. Find the patient’s emergency contact information.
Functionality Review: Jene Carter, Erin Good, and Yekaterina Salnikova developed EHR tips for from MD student to MD student to help you maximize and streamline your use of this system.
Note-Writing: Because this is a training domain and contains no actual patient data, you may explore the note-writing functionality.