Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Off Campus Access
The Himmelfarb Library provides access to 100+ electronic databases, 6,000+ electronic books, and 4,100+ electronic journals licensed by Himmelfarb Library, the Gelman Library, and/or the George Washington University for use by faculty, staff and students. To use these resources when off-campus, you must login using your GW NetID and password.
From the GW University Hospital, Himmelfarb Library provides direct access (no login required) to clinical information resources and a focused collection of electronic journals and books. To access Himmelfarb Library's complete collections from the GW Hospital, GW affiliates should login with their GW NetID and password.
Instructions for connection via the VPN (Recommended)
Download and install the VPN client, Cisco AnyConnect.
Connecting to the VPN
- On your computer, start the program Cisco AnyConnect.
- If this is your first time connecting to the VPN, enter go.vpn.gwu.edu into the box. Otherwise, make sure the GW address (go.vpn.gwu.edu) is selected. Click Connect.
- Login to VPN with your GW NetID and password (the same login/password that you use for your GW email). You may be prompted for additional information if you have two-factor authentication set up on your account.
- You can now access databases, e-texts, and e-journals via the the Himmelfarb Library website without any additional logins.
For additional information, go to GW Information Technology: Software.
Instructions for connection via Web Login
- Access the Himmelfarb Library website, and select the database, e-text, or e-journal which you would like to access.
- When the 'George Washington University Single Sign-on' webpage is displayed, securely login with your GW NetID and password (i.e. the same login/password used for your GW email and Blackboard).
- The database, e-text, or e-journal that you selected will display automatically.