Skip to Main Content
The Web Login provides an alternate method of off-campus access to nearly all of our web-based resources to GW faculty, staff, and students.
To login from off-campus, users must know their GW UserID and the associated password. GW's Identity and Access Management:
- allows user to set up their GW UserID.
- provides instructions for users who experience difficulty setting up their GW UserID.
Instructions for connection via Web Login
- Access the Himmelfarb Library website, and select the database, e-text, or e-journal which you would like to access.
- When the 'George Washington University Single Sign-on' webpage is displayed, securely login with your GW UserID followed by "@gwmail.gwu.edu" (students) or "@email.gwu.edu" (faculty/staff).
- Accounts created before May 22, 2022: Your GW UserID is the portion of your email address prior to @.
- Accounts created after May 22, 2022: Your GW UserID is your GWID (G#).
- Check your Two-Step Authentication (i.e. text, Authenticator app, etc.) to authorize your login.
- The database, e-text, or e-journal that you selected will display automatically.
SMHS, GWSPH, and SON faculty, students and staff should contact the Himmelfarb Library Reference Desk at (202) 994-2850 or email@example.com with access problems.