Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Web Login provides an alternate method of off-campus access to nearly all of our web-based resources to GW faculty, staff, and students.
To login from off-campus, users must know their GW UserID and the associated password. GW's Identity and Access Management:
- allows user to set up their GW UserID.
- provides instructions for users who experience difficulty setting up their GW UserID.
Instructions for connection via Web Login
- Access the Himmelfarb Library website, and select the database, e-text, or e-journal which you would like to access.
- When the 'George Washington University Single Sign-on' webpage is displayed, securely login with your GW UserID followed by "@gwmail.gwu.edu" (students) or "@email.gwu.edu" (faculty/staff).
- Accounts created before May 22, 2022: Your GW UserID is the portion of your email address prior to @.
- Accounts created after May 22, 2022: Your GW UserID is your GWID (G#).
- The database, e-text, or e-journal that you selected will display automatically.
SMHS, GWSPH, and SON faculty, students and staff should contact the Himmelfarb Library Reference Desk at (202) 994-2850 or firstname.lastname@example.org with access problems.