Skip to Main Content
Software that GW provides for free to all members of the GW community for individual use.
What software is available in the Bloedorn Technology Center?
Himmelfarb Library's Bloedorn Technology Center is located on the third floor of the library and is available 24/7.
Below is a partial list of resources:
- SAS - statistical package for analyzing quantitative data.
- Stata - statistical package for analyzing quantitative data.
- SPSS - statistical package for analyzing quantitative data.
- ArcGIS and extensions - an integrated package of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software for mapping, spatial analysis, and data management
- Epi Info - a series of programs written by the CDC for use in investigating outbreaks and monitoring public health status. The program allows for the development of questionnaires and forms, data input, and data analysis.
- CDCynergy - a software program that can be used to plan and evaluate health communication interventions within a public health framework.
- Google Earth - a software program that provides maps and satellite images of the planet.
- NASA World Wind - an open source software program that provides images of the earth using satellite imagery and elevation data to render the terrain in 3D.
- Empower - a software program that can aid health educators and practitioners in efforts to plan, implement, and evaluate community health programs. Various models and interventions are illustrated using breast cancer prevention and control as an example in the decision making process.
Create online modules and quizzes using video, audio, and PowerPoint. (contact Himmelfarb Library)
Audience response software allows you to receive live responses in any venue: conferences, presentations and classrooms via text messages.
Collaborative meeting tool that allows for real-time video meetings and sharing computer content over the web.
Video conferencing with high-definition (HD) video, audio and wireless screen-sharing.
Online medical multimedia directory for health professionals worldwide. Contains medical videos, surgical videos, photos of medical cases and more.
Free limited version allows you to create multiple choice, essay, and Likert Scale surveys.