Lexicomp is provided to you courtesy of Himmelfarb Library.
Online Access: Lexicomp is available as a web resource and will display well on your iPad. It can be accessed directly from from Himmelfarb Library's homepage. The app version is useful in the clinical setting and other settings where you may not have a consistent or strong Wifi access; Lexicomp's app is also useful if you wish to install it on your phone as the Lexicomp website is not mobile-optimized.
App Access (OPTIONAL): Lexicomp's app requires annual authentication to keep it activated.
- Note: the below instructions will allow you to activate Lexicomp at no charge via Himmelfarb Library's subscription. Do not activate a Lexicomp trial which will incur a $29.99/month charge to your iTunes account.
- Access Lexcomp and click on the blue button labeled Mobile Access Codes.
- Select the iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad platform and that you are a new customer; copy the authorization code displayed in red. You can copy directly from your iPad by holding your finger on the code and selecting copy from the pop-up menu.
- Create a personal Lexicomp account then login to your Lexicomp account.
- Under Add a Subscription by Code, paste or type the Lexicomp authorization code. To paste, hold your finger in the desired location and choose Paste from the pop-up menu.
- On your iPad, open Lexicomp and login with your Lexicomp login/password; Lexicomp content will automatically load to your iPad.