Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Principles of effective consultation
Salerno, S. M., Hurst, F. P., Halvorson, S., & Mercado, D. L. (2007). Principles of effective consultation: an update for the 21st-century consultant. Archives of internal medicine, 167(3), 271-275.
Society of Hospital Medicine Learning Portal
- Click on “Log in” on the upper right side of the page
- Click on the link to “Create an Account”
- Follow the instructions to create an account
- Access http://www.shmconsults.com then login
- Click on any module you wish to complete.
- Must do 2 per week while on med consult rotation; One module MUST be peri-operative cardiac risk assessment.
- Print off the post test and provide a copy to your medicine consult attending